Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

February 15th, 2008 19:00

Error 0x00000002 Printer was not installed

I am trying to load a printer driver (not digitally signed) on an Inspiron 1521 Laptop.   I have loaded this driver on a Dell desktop and it installed and operates correctly there.    After clicking on the Add Printer button, I choose Local Printer, ... have disk.   On the page that I select the printer model, it shows a yellow warning symbol and says "This driver is not digitally signed".   After inserting a printer name and clicking on next, I get a pop-up message with a red X and the message "Printer driver was not installed.  Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000002).   

Does anyone know what is going on and is there something I can do to proceed ?   Is this confined to laptops or has anyone else seen this on a desktop.

Thanks

Dennis 

2 Posts

July 1st, 2008 14:00

I have exactly same problem.  Dell Suggest reinstalling operating system but this idea is frightening due tothe number of other applications that would have to be reinstalled too so anybody any ideas?

4 Posts

May 29th, 2009 23:00

I got the same response from Dell after they tried to get me to spend $69 to walk me through modifying the registry.  I know it's been a while, but were you able to resolve the problem?  I'd rather not reinstall the operating system.  Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 29th, 2009 23:00

Try posting in the Dell Printers Forum. Please include the make and models(s) of your computer(s) and operating system(s) and how you're trying to connect the printer(Make and Model) and how you're trying to connect it to your computer(s).

Thanks,

Rick

May 30th, 2009 00:00

You may have one of two problems.  1.  You have not authenticated your copy of Windows, or 2, You have a counterfeit driver.  Download a copy of the appropriate driver from the manufacturer's website before connecting any printer.

No Events found!