Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 11th, 2005 23:00

Error but not a message

I get an error when I try to click links on webpages....specifically but not limited to DELL webpages. It looks like a mini-website with a big red "X". It doesn't say anything that I can read. It won't let me go to the next website. Has anyone seen an error message that looks like a a mini-webpage with a red "X" over the top of it? Do you know what it means? I'd appreciate any help.

4.4K Posts

August 12th, 2005 00:00

Uh Oh.  Do you have a firewall plus spyware and anti-virus software? Have you run a scan with both lately?

4.4K Posts

August 12th, 2005 01:00

In that case this sounds like a security issue where some settings are blocking the sites. You need to give more info. What browser, have you clicked on default security settings there, what firewall, anti-virus, etc. If unit is brand new you may get some warranty help from Dell or may chose to return in first 21 days. Sorry, I can't tell you more at this moment.

6 Posts

August 12th, 2005 01:00

I have all of that and have done all of that. THIS CAME WITH THE SYSTEM when I bought it. I have never seen anything like it........

6 Posts

August 12th, 2005 12:00

I have been on the phone and in chats with DELL and they won't help with software issues unless you pay them. And I am at like day 22..........

4.4K Posts

August 12th, 2005 14:00

I thought, but maybe I'm wring, that they provide 30 days software support.  I'd still call customer service and say you've been having this unresolved problem from day one and would like to exchange it for another.  Be polite but firm.  Just my two cents. . .
No Events found!