Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 11th, 2005 07:00

Failure of outlook express to download emails from ISP server

Computer Dell Dimension 4500; Pentium 4 CPU, 2.4 GHz; 512 MB RAM; Op system 5.1.2600; Windows XP Home edition.

I recently downloaded and installed (9 August, 2005) a Zone Alarm Pro update (6.0.631.003) which seems to have installed antispyware version 4.0.9.7 DAT file version 01.200508.105. Subsequent to this I have been unable to download emails from my ISP (POP3.ntlworld.com) server using Outlook Express; The system still appears able to send out emails via the SMTP. I have been through the internet connection with my ISP help desk and the problem seems to be with something on my computer blocking the down load, since emails traffic to and from the ISP email is OK. I have tried various temporary adjustments of the security settings on the new Zone Alarm Pro to no avail. I have also disabled Zone Alarm Pro at reboot but even this does not solve the problem. I note that the spyware update has quarantined something but what I can't find out. On rare occasions (twice!), outlook express has temporarily worked properly but almost immediately the fault reappears. Using the Safe start procedure similarly gives inconsistenet performance of outlook express. Can anyone help?

12K Posts

August 11th, 2005 10:00

You will need to set the configuration of that firewall to allow traffic on Port 110.
No Events found!