Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

May 3rd, 2006 12:00

Fasterfox extension for Firefox

I'm using the Firefox browser, version 1.5.0.2.  Two weeks ago I installed the Fasterfox extension.  I actually have noticed a minor increase in browsing speed.  However, after installation I noticed that Firefox menus open and close much faster now, making it harder to place my cursor inside them.  Is there a way to get this back to normal?  This question was posted on two Mozilla newsgroups to no avail.

2 Intern

• 

771 Posts

May 3rd, 2006 14:00

I beg to differ. I have noticed a small speed increase in web browsing with Fasterfox installed. I have a DSL modem with a 2.5Mbps connection.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 3rd, 2006 14:00

You probably need to dump "fasterfox". Unless you are using an old slow PC and on dial-up it probably isn't really helping.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 3rd, 2006 20:00

I seriously doubt that anyone can tell a difference between 2.0 Mbs and 4 Mbs.  And, it depends on the particular site how fast it loads.  Also the DSL link speed is ONLY the speed between the ISP and your DSL modem.  How fast your video card and PC are also determines how fast a page loads.

I went from 1.44 (T1 speed) on my RoadRunner cable modem, to 2.4 Mbs and now 5 Mbs and I can't tell ANY difference in web browsing speed - either with Firefox, Internet Exploer or Opera browsers.

No Events found!