Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 14th, 2006 14:00

Flash Player/Graphics Problems

I have recently started having three problems that I assume are related because they started about the same time and seem like they could result from a common cause. They are: 1) Any web site that requires Flash Player tells me that I have to have it to use the web site. I have it, and I have even tried removing it and reinstalling, but web sites can’t tell it is installed on my computer. 2) The Dell Support pop-up keeps coming up with the same messages even after I read them and/or click the box not to show that message again. 3) On some web pages where there is supposed to be a picture I get the little rectangle with a red square, green circle, and a blue triangle instead. This seems to be web site specific. Any idea what the problem is?  Thanks, Jim

818 Posts

October 14th, 2006 16:00

Did you try the Flash uninstaller? Then reinstall Flash and Shockwave Players.

October 14th, 2006 21:00

I've been fighting this problem for a coupla weeks...having the same exact issues...Tried all uninstalling per Adobe, going so far as to uninstall all Adobe products. Cleared all cache files and dumped all temp files...PPlease help

I've read on this board and seen several mentions of pop up blockers...all I have is yahoo with the blocker turned off...next...???

7 Posts

I have used the uninstaller and then installed the most recent version. No change.
No Events found!