Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 18th, 2008 11:00

GetProcessImageFileNameW not located in dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL

GetProcessImageFileNameW not located in dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL  This error shows up in SmartBridge at opening my Dell Dimension 8300 on Windows XP Professional.  I just installed Windows Security Pack 2 so this is a new error that shows up every day.  How do I get this .DLL and get it into the right "library"?  Thanks.

12.7K Posts

January 18th, 2008 19:00

"Procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library. PSAPI.DLL"

"According to Microsoft, there is only one PSAPI.DLL file in your PC and it is under the Windows\System 32 folder. Additional PSAPI.DLL file may be installed by third party programs such as SmartBridge, often the older version. If you have other versions of the PSAPI.DLL file in the system, it can cause your IE 7 or other windows programs that interact with IE7 to crash when you start it up. Beside, you may have annoying error message like above too. "

12 Posts

January 19th, 2008 00:00

Thanks so much for your help.  In running Search, I found 71 places where this .DLL is found.  They are all .log or .inf files.  Most of the printed files are black although some lines are blue.  Surely I do not need to rename 70 files.

12.7K Posts

January 19th, 2008 01:00

a .dll cannot be .log or .inf

You only need to rename PSAPI.DLL that are Not located in the system32 folder.

Go to folder options, view Tab, untick "hide extensions for known file types"  hit Ok, then search again.

re-read the article if necessary.

12.7K Posts

January 19th, 2008 23:00

You are welcome.  :smileyhappy:

12 Posts

January 19th, 2008 23:00

You got an A+ on this one.  It appears that the .DLL that was causing the problem was one of several in different parts of SmartBridge and the self help tools download.  Thanks so much.

No Events found!