Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 24th, 2004 17:00

Hotmail Button does not work

I have winxp sp2 home edition on my Dell 8250, and on my home page of MSN, on the right their are four buttons.
They are MY MSN, HOTMAIL, MESSENGER AND HALLOWEEN

None of them work. When I press either button, it says the page cannot be found, the sire is removed or press refresh. Well what I did I typed in www.hotmail.com and it came right up. So the site is there but my shortcut buttons do not work.

Any help with this is appreciated. It just started doing this today.
Joe

2 Intern

• 

277 Posts

Yes Kip, I can type anything in on the address bar, and whatever I type in comes up and works including your link. But nothing works for me on the MSN homepage, www.msn.com  this is my hompage, maybe you can bring up that and press some things on it and tell me if yours is workig for it. That would tell me whether everyones MSN homepage is broke or it is just me.

Joe

895 Posts

If your not having problems with other sites, I would tend to believe its probably their problem.  Kip

2 Intern

• 

277 Posts

Thanks Kip, that is a big help. I have even tried restarting several times, but it still does the same thing. Anything else on the internet works, so yes it must be them.

Joe

895 Posts

Just a thought off the top of my head, go to IE and go to www.passport.com and see if  you are signed in.  If not go ahead and do it.  I dont know if those links are tied to having a Msn membership or being signed in to Passport.  Worth a try anyway.  Kip

895 Posts

Aha, I cant even get to the page, so it must be them.  Kip

2 Intern

• 

277 Posts

Wait, I think I know what you mean. I just tried clicking on other parts of the MSN homepage and nothing works on the entire page. Not just the buttons, but everything on the page gives the same response.

Joe

2 Intern

• 

277 Posts

Kip I can bring up other sites with no problem at all. For instance if I type in the hotmail.com then it comes right up. But the shortcut button does not work. When you say it is their problem do you mean MSN home page problem?

Joe

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

October 24th, 2004 21:00

It could have something to do with the fact that for new users, Hotmail cannot be accessed through Outlook Express any more unless you upgrade and pay a monthly fee.  http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=878462

2 Intern

• 

277 Posts

October 24th, 2004 22:00

Hi Mary, thanks for replying.  I have been having hotmail for a long time and I only access it through my MSN home page. I dont even use Outlook Express for anything. Never paid any kind of fee to use it. I use the cheap free version. Ha

But everything is working fine now. I think MSN had a problem. I also called my neighbor and she said the same thing was happening to her to. But all is working now.

Thanks

Joe

No Events found!