Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 31st, 2010 06:00

How to create Image of OS win 7 home basic 64 bit on DVD

All,

how can create image of my OS on dvd from data safe local which can be used incase i want to re-install again incase of hard-disk failure or something. my laptop came with OEM installation from dell.

right now i have just created or have recovery disc which is around 185 mb only. let me know.

thanks

prateek

• 

16.7K Posts

August 31st, 2010 07:00

prateek55,

Here are the steps to create disk.

Choose Create Recovery Media

Select Create System Recovery Discs to continue.

Requires the user to insert a recordable media. Upon initiating this process, it is important to have uninterruptible power supply.
Recordable media required for this process is either a DVD or Blu-ray disc. CD or DVR -RW are not allowed.

Validating page appears and displays the type and number of media required for the backup process. Click Next button to continue. Number of recordable media required depends on the size of the system file. It is important to have the required discs to complete the process.

Display on process and progress of backup. Time to complete the process may vary depending on system speed and specification

Confirmation page appears to inform the process is complete. Click on Finish button to return to main page.

April 16th, 2013 08:00

I apologize that I am not expressing myself correctly.

I know how to use the software on my windows 7 computer.

I don't have the software that I paid for on my laptop.

How do I install the backup software that has been loaded on my win 7 computer to the win XP computer.

Which file must I copy over to do the installation?

Maurice

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

April 16th, 2013 16:00

The software is OEM and hence licensed for 1 computer only. You cannot install Windows 7 on your Laptop using Dell DataSafe and have to purchase a separate license of Windows 7 for it.

No Events found!