Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

May 8th, 2017 23:00

Inspiron 5348, freezing up when playing games on Facebook using Firefox or Chrome.

When  playing online games on Facebook, my girlfriends week old Inspiron 23" 5348 freezes up (cursor doesn't show, no response from keyboard.) She ends up having to manually shutting it down.

When restarting the Dell Backup and Recovery screen comes on, asking if she wants to restore to factory settings or do a quick restore.

This has happened 3 times in three days, each time quick restore was chosen. There are no problems until she plays games again.

Has anyone else ran into this problem or have an idea on how to fix it?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 10th, 2017 07:00

Week old? The Inspiron 5348 was released in 2014. Did you buy it from a store? Is it using the AMD Radeon R7 A265 video or the onboard Intel video? Whichever one it is using, update the Video Graphics driver. Send me the service tag number via private message (click my name) and I can tell you when it was built.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 11th, 2017 06:00

Run the free Intel Driver Update utility and see if it installs any newer drivers. Once installed, Click Start- Intel Driver Update Utility- Intel Driver Update Utility 2.0. Then click "Auto detect...". When done, restart the computer and retest.

May 11th, 2017 06:00

Hi,

Update drivers, it will solve your issue.

May 12th, 2017 21:00

Installed the Intel Driver Update & it said the installed driver is a Dell custom. It recommended to go to the manufacturers web site. Dell has no updates for this driver.

There were updates for Wireless & Bluetooth, so I installed them. I restarted and waited about 5 minutes for it to update.

Then Dell Backup and Recovery  pops up saying that Windows didn't start properly, given three choices; 1- Restore to factory settings, 2- Do a quick recovery, 3- Do nothing and restart Window.

The last time that happened I chose #2, which worked for about a day. This time I chose #3, which froze as soon as she started to play the game. Restarted the computer and it's working okay for now.

I will give it a day or o before it happens again.

Strange thing is I don't have that problem on mine, which is the same one that she has, and I play the same games..

No Events found!