Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 29th, 2009 21:00

Inspiron 9300 Bios Password forgotten

I was given this computer by a good friend of mine. This was for a few reasons, they tried to salvage the hard drive but couldn't because they needed a SATA hard drive and this one has an IDE hard drive.

Also, its kinda old and the screen is slightly messed up... but getting to the point. Mainly it was given to me because the people who gave it to me run a business and used the computer for it, they also had a Bios password setup. But being that this computer was bought in 2005, they have since gotten a newer model and unfortunately forgotten the password.

So, i guess what i am asking for is a way to remove this password, or a way to reset it. Even if i lose the data on the hard disc i don't care because im formatting it and putting Vista on it.

2.9K Posts

November 29th, 2009 22:00

If you can prove to Dell that you own the machine (i.e. complete a transfer of ownership from the previous owner), then Dell will help you. If not, then you're out of luck.

2 Posts

November 30th, 2009 12:00

I completed a  transfer of ownership from the previous owner of the machine, what now?

2.9K Posts

November 30th, 2009 21:00

Phone Dell, inform them of the transfer of ownership, and they'll give you the required solution.

No Events found!