Start a Conversation

Unsolved

K

1 Message

November 24th, 2018 19:00

Inspiron recovery image

Dear Sir

I have Dell Inspiron N5110 laptop which was purchased preinstalled with windows 7 home premium, and I have created a recovery disk image. Unfortunately when I tried to restore the laptop factory setting, I noticed that the 3rd DVD was corrupted and the restoration process was suddenly stopped at 60 %.

I downloaded the   Dell OS recovery tool, and I tried to use in in order to download a new recovery image for my laptop. I added my service tag no , but I have received that message" no OS images defined for the product.

My laptop was purchased preinstalled with windows 7 and I have the windows 7 serial sticker at the base of my laptop, and I really appreciate if you would guide and assist me how to restore my recovery image.

Best Regards,

Thank you

Kotb Moneer

10 Elder

• 

24.7K Posts

November 25th, 2018 03:00

Neither Dell nor Microsoft provide WIndows 7 any longer - if you must have that, look on EBay or Craig's List for someone selling a Dell recovery DVD with that OS.

It may also be time to consider upgrading either to a new system or Windows 10;  all support for Windows 7 ends in January 2020, just over a year from now.

No Events found!