Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 21st, 2009 20:00

Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working - Message

Every time I am using IE Explorer, I get the message "Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working:.... I have reloaded MS Office, Corrected MS Office Errors, and removed the Google Toolbar... What else can I do?   System scan is clean for Virus / Malware using McAfee, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and Windows Defender.  System has Vista Home Premium, and all latest updates... Mayber the alternative is to dump Internet Explorer and use another Internet Browser such as FireFox... HELP?.

October 21st, 2009 21:00

even i had the issues with the internet explorer.. after 13 years of working with windows.. i did find that most virus programs, trojans etc target internet explorer.. and i had reported many security holes...

there are many alternatives present... i bet the firefox is the best.... very very less known issues and works welll...

hey do one thing try reparing(add or remove programs/ program features) select repair(microsoft office).... ... update/install internet explorer 8.....

i think  by doing this the errors may go and ie will work welll....

other wise think of this as an initiative to shift to firefox...

November 18th, 2009 17:00

Everytime I try to download firefox I get the same error - EI has stopped working.  Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Thanks

November 18th, 2009 17:00

I ran the repair microsoft office & updated ie and still having issues.  I can't download firefox because i get the same error?  Any other suggestions?

thanks

1.1K Posts

November 18th, 2009 18:00

IEHSW

Good that you have been searching for threads that may contain solution to your problem, but seeking help by replying & multi posting in older similar threads is not normally recommended

You have done the correct thing by starting your own thread in this Microsoft OS Forum

Better if you stick to replies posted in your own thread, otherwise it can become confusing

29 Posts

December 5th, 2009 08:00

Same problem here.  Vostro 1510; get lots of Internet Explorer has stopped working messages.  Lots of disk activity for 5-20-30 mins after resumption from hibernation.  Cannot see what process is doing this.

OS is Vista.  Partners laptop (Toshiba same OS) doesn't show the same problem.

29 Posts

December 5th, 2009 10:00

I've stopped avgchsvx.exe which appeared to be causing much disk thrashing.

Also stopped searchindex.exe.  I though i'd stopped indexing but went for the brutal approach in the end.

12 Posts

December 9th, 2009 19:00

STGCMTED

I had a similar problem with IE8 and Windows 7 - mostly when viewing flash based content.  It is hard to impossible to find acknowledgment of problems or fixes on the MS website when it comes to windows 7, but I did find some forum posts that suggested a couple of things.  Sorry, I can't find the particular posts right now, but the two things to do, which did work in my case, were changing these two things in the internet settings as follows:

-Reset IE settings under Advanced tab
-under manage addons, disable ssv2

I suspect (which would explain why a reset on a newly installed machine fixed the problem), that in my case this may have been an after affect of using the Microsoft easy save and transfer utility to get settings and some data from the previous vista avtar of the PC before I did the clean install of Win 7

Hope this helps.

25 Posts

December 10th, 2009 14:00

Here is a microsoft answers website that you can try. Your problem is listed in a acouple of posts. Also try searaching the forum on " Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working" (w/o quotes).Good luck.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/threads

July 1st, 2011 08:00

Hi stgmted,

Sometimes, just when you thought your computer is in a perfect condition, your windows explorer stops working, freezes up, and restarts over and over again. You get error messages like  such as "windows explorer has stopped working" followed by "windows explorer is restarting". You have done nothing wrong but the machine keeps stressing you out. Read this article will you show you how to solve the problem www.windowsexplorerhasstoppedworking.com

17 Posts

January 12th, 2016 06:00

Internet explorer has stopped working is an appcrash error and its only occurs when your Windows (OS) or Internet Explorer might in bit of problem and whenever you’ve opened your Internet explorer this error will appear and crashes your browser.

Normally this error will shows you some sort of troubleshooting options like this:

“> Check online for a solution and close/restart the problem”

“> Close/Restart the problem”

Or maybe sometimes it will only show you the “Close program” message.

And whatever you’ve choose it will end up like nothing or maybe displaying that Internet explorer appcrash Message again on your computer’s screen.

Actually there are so many reasons why this appcrash showed up on your screen and I can’t blame on any particular reason ‘cos it can be a “.dll” file or may be some toolbar which conflict with your browser and of course there are more that those two reasons.

here's all solution listed - Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working – Explained with Solutions  

No Events found!