Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

February 29th, 2008 04:00

Invalid Work Queue Item

I reinstalled WinXP Home on a laptop.

Now I get the BSOD with that message.  I went into Safe Mode and took a look at Device Manager and there are a few components in need of drivers.  Im assuming that's causing the problem.  Thing is, I dont have any driver installation CDs.  All I have is the laptop.  I checked out Dell's website for driver downloads, but I dont even know which drivers I should get.

The laptop is an Inspiron 600m.

The hardware I need drivers for are:

Network Controller
Multimedia Audio Controller
PC Modem
USB Controller

Any help is appreciated.

253 Posts

February 29th, 2008 09:00

First of all this is the main page for your drivers

Download network conroller

Download multimedia audio controller

Download Pc modem

Download optional for pc modem too

Download USB controller

Good Luck

3 Posts

February 29th, 2008 20:00

Thanks for the reply, alot4u.

I was able to install the drivers for the multimedia audio controller, modem, and USB controller, but not for the network controller. There are two other devices in need of drivers that I failed to mention. The Ethernet Controller and the Video Controller. Ill try looking for those in the link you provided.

I tried installing other network drivers, but there's a runtime error that comes up.
Message Edited by sc_syne on 02-29-2008 05:28 PM

253 Posts

March 1st, 2008 07:00

1. What is the message error exactly, and in which driver it display?

2. What do you mean you tried installing other network drivers? You mean versions doesn’t apply to your computer?

3.  What about the Ethernet Controller and the Video Controller? you can’t find this drivers or you got message error too?

3 Posts

March 2nd, 2008 00:00

1. 1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime. The network driver you linked.

2. There was another network driver available in the link you posted. Link

When I tried installing that driver I get this message: The Windows Installer could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed.

3. The Ethernet Controller I just assumed was the network driver that you linked. I havent tried installing the video driver yet.

253 Posts

March 5th, 2008 08:00

Well, I think the problem is wrong drivers

You Can not be determined your drivers

You can download astra32 to know the name of your driver even if its unknown

Read here about astra32

Download full version of  astra32

Good Luck

No Events found!