Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 18th, 2015 16:00

Issue with drivers downloading

I recently had to reinstall WIndows 7 after an ongoing error. I used the disk provided by Dell.  However, once the reinstall was complete I saw that most/many of the drivers never redownloaded.  As such, I can't access the internet.  So I have been downloading the drivers to a thumbdrive and then installing them that way.  The computer is saying that things are downloaded but after doing a reboot I still don't see the drivers in the Driver Device Manager. Please advise, here are some stats:

Service Tag

System TypeVostro 230
Product ship date:3/1/2011
Thanks!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 19th, 2015 12:00

TaraCicora,

When you reinstalled the operating system, did you install the Dell System Software (if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Dell System Software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 19th, 2015 13:00

TaraCicora,

Go to Drivers and Downloads

Enter your service tag

Click on drivers and downloads

Select your operating system

The drivers you need are listed there.

Rick

3 Posts

December 19th, 2015 13:00

Everything you said makes sense, my question would now be: how do I download the System Software and Chipset drivers.  My disk was only for Windows 7, also, once I have those two items downloaded should I re-download the drivers or will they then function was I have the two above mentioned items?  Thanks again!

No Events found!