Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 9th, 2008 14:00

Issues with Microsoft Outlook 2003

I recently started having issues with incoming Emails not coming in correctly, what I mean is I used to get emails from GMA or Good Morning America that looked like their website, but now I just get a bunch of http lines and writing, but no actual pictures like I used to.  I have Windows XP Home Edition with Microsoft Office 2003, using Microsoft Outlook 2003.  HELP!!!![:'(]

48 Posts

It was set to HTML, I changed it to rich text and I will see what happens, thanks!

48 Posts

Also, should the zone by Internet or Restricted or something else, I did have it set on Internet.

This is what the email looks like, when I get it, so you know what I mean.

This email was sent to you by Good Morning America.
To ensure delivery to your inbox (not bulk or junk folders), please add listeditor@abcnews.go.com to your address book.

Click here to receive all GMA newsletters
The GMA Daily
Flash ly_flash.gif>     

jpg>     November 9, 2008
jpg>     

.gif>     

Bush, Obama Focus on Economy in Radio Addresses

1.7K Posts

Check the configuration settings and see if Outlook if configured to display as plaintext.  HTML and, if I remember correctly, richtext both should render the HTML formatted email correctly.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

November 10th, 2008 13:00

Move the email to a different folder. If it is in the Junk Mail folder, it will display as plain text instead of html. You can change it by clicking on the top line that says "displayed as plain text" and select html.

48 Posts

November 10th, 2008 13:00

Hi thanks for the info.  I did try moving the email, but it doesn't work.  But I did look at the Properties on the email that is not coming thru correctly and it does say "Plain Text."  How, can I change this, so that all my incoming email comes thru as HTML?

1.7K Posts

November 13th, 2008 12:00

The problem might not be at your end.  If you had actually received a properly formatted HTML email then it should have included the HTML and tags (at least) in addition to the rest of the content you copied.  My guess, especially if the email shows as being "plain text" is that GMA is sending a plain text email with HTML in it, which would show up just as you are seeing it.

November 13th, 2008 15:00

It also may be necessary to right click on the email and click, Safe Sender from the junkmail menu..

No Events found!