Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

June 12th, 2004 18:00

LOTS OF HELP NEEDED!!!! PLEASE

Ok i have a dell computer. Windows me. It will read my childrens disks but none of them will play.  I was trying to defrag the other night and it kept restarting.  My printer won't work.  My brother in law tried to repair the problem about the disks. Said he needed me to figure out how to get to c prompt out of windows not in it.  As you can tell i am puter illierate. pleas help kids driving me nuts. thanks in advance

12 Posts

June 13th, 2004 01:00

I was caught in the same problem.  I just simply notified Dell that I wanted to start completely over and they helped me through the process of clearing out all of these computer problems and reformating my C: drive.  If you want to go through the trouble of backing up all of your computer's information, not to mention about 4 to 8 hours of your time, you can reformat your computer by reinstalling the operating program.  For me, it ended "weekends" of frustration.  Good Luck!

Family Unit

68 Posts

June 13th, 2004 18:00

just thought this one might help, you can create a boot disk,

prepare a blank 1.44mb floppy disk, go to control panel, and then click on the add/remove programs, and creat a startup disk. you can reboot using this disjk to go to command promt. hope this helps ciao!

No Events found!