Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 3rd, 2013 03:00

Lockout of WIN 7. How to by-pass Login and Password? Please?

Can you please help with Dell Inspiron 580 Lock out?   I reformatted hard drive and loaded my Dell Data-Safe WIN 7 is asking for a Login & Password.   I have never used one before. I’ve guessed at 100+ options. Nope. I’ve reloaded the Data-Safe back-up several times. Every time WIN 7 wants Login & Password. I’ve read many of the forums.I think that I have tried every ‘F8’ and ‘F12’ option. The PC always winds up restarting and blocking @ WIN 7 access. Because I reformatted the hard drive methinks that the password must be imbedded in the DataSafe backup. Can you help me by-pass, purge, delete, exorcise, or vanquish the Win 7 Login/Password lockout? Thank you. Thank you.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

November 3rd, 2013 15:00

Have you just pressed Enter when it asks for password?

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

November 3rd, 2013 20:00

I used Ophcrack to recover the password for a twelve-year-old's netbook. Fortunately, he had used a dictionary word.

8 Posts

November 4th, 2013 06:00

Yes. Each time I reformatted and restored the Dell DataSafe I tried "enter" first.  Before I did this Data-Safe, I had no password. Ergo my access was to touch enter.   Thank you for your time, hope and suggestion.  I am grateful

8 Posts

November 6th, 2013 07:00

Yep  100's of times

Thank you

No Events found!