Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 30th, 2011 14:00

Lost Dell specific software: Dell Dock, Sticky notes & Clip it

All at the same time I lost the Dell Dock by Stardock, the Sticky note & Clip It software.  And also I began to get a popup at loggon that " Notification dll is not registered so can not work properly".  I searched all over and tried THREE different third party registry clean up downloads ($$$) which did not work.  Finally decided to go with an XP owner (I have Win 7 Home Prem) who suggested punching F8 upon seeing the Dell logon till prompted to return to all factory settings.  Upon logon today, the 'Notification dll registry" didn't show up BUT no Dell Dock, no clip it, no sticky notes.  In the Control Panel/features & programs, I see the Dell Docks, but doesn't have option to repair.  I tried to go to Dell website to download purchased software, but when I tried to reload the Dell Dock, the download stopped saying it wasn't purchased or an uninstalled item.  It was purchased with the laptop.  I then uninstalled it and tried again.  Got the same refusal to download the software I'm due. 

Ok, all to say, I don't know how to get those three things back.  I esp need clip it, as that's how I keep copies of on-line receipts, etc since I don't have a printer and the Dell Dock is the only quick access to the recycle bin & it provides EZ access to so many other programs.  Please provide help.  No, I have no back up and this laptop didn't come with any disk.  (Never do that again! But it was probably why the deal wasn't as expensive)  I resent Dell also says I'm not qualifies for their email tech help as I'm under warranty.  Grrr. 

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

October 30th, 2011 18:00

Are you sure those utilities are set to load automatically at boot? Look on Startup tab in msconfig to see if they're  checked or not.

Dell's warranty doesn't include software after the first 30 days from date of purchase. So Dell doesn't have to help you with this issue.

Did you try downloading Dell Dock here?

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

October 30th, 2011 18:00

You may also be able to download those from My Dell Downloads

No Events found!