Go to Solution

October 18th, 2012 12:00

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error at Start up

I have had my inspiron for a week and I keep getting the following message :

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Error

R6025

Pure Virtual function Call

This seems to happen when the computer has gone into hibernate or sleep mode. I can't tell what programme is causing the error because the window is too small and will not allow me to increase the size. The Fast Access Face Recognition doesn't always open after this message.

The following device has also been disabled, "facap, FastAccess Video Capture" not sure if that has anything to do with the problem.

Can anyone help me with this?

October 26th, 2012 11:00

Hi Sal_S,

It appears to be an issue with 'Fast Access' facial recognition software. I recommend you to reinstall the software and see if that makes any difference. If the issue still persists, it could also be caused if 'run-time components of Visual C++ libraries' are missing or corrupt. Please follow the troubleshooting steps listed below:

- Click 'Start' icon
- Type 'Add and Remove Programs' in 'Search programs and files' text box
- Remove 'Fast Access Facial Recognition' software and restart the system
- Download the software again from 'My Dell Downloads'

Please follow the instructions and install 'Fast Access Facial Recognition' software
- Click https://smartsource.dell.com
- Please follow the instructions and install the Active X controller as it is required for the My Dell Downloads to work
- Once you login to My Dell Downloads, click on Register

- Once you log in to 'My Dell Downloads', click 'Register'.
- Click Run if prompted
- You will get a list of all the applications that were shipped with your computer
- Download and install 'Fast Access Facial Recognition' from the list
- Restart the computer and recheck

If the issue persists, it may be due to missing or corrupt 'run-time components of Visual C++ libraries'. We may have to perform a 'system restore' to roll back software changes to a date/time in the past when the computer performed perfectly. If a restore point is not available or it does not resolve the issue,we may have to restore the software settings of the computer back to factory defaults.

Hope this helps. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

2 Posts

October 29th, 2012 08:00

Hi Saurabh

Thank you!! All working correctly now.

Do you know what is happening with this issue and how on earth I can sort it out.

During the PC check up it comes up with 'Targeted Read Test - Module Failed to start' this has been another problem I have had from the first checkup I ran.

Thanks!

Sal

October 29th, 2012 11:00

Hi Sal,

Thank you for your response; Glad to know that your previous issue is fixed. The 'Targeted Read Test' error is related to 'hard disk drive'. Although the test failure could be caused by a faulty hard drive, it is not the most likely failed component. This error may also occur due to a corrupt version of 'Dell Support Center'. It may also get fixed by updating the 'hard drive' firmware. Please try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Un-install 'Dell Support Center'
- Open 'Program and Features'
- Select 'Dell Support Center' from the list
- Click the Uninstall button
- Follow through with the uninstall process and restart the system

2. Install 'Dell Support Center': Download aulauncher from http://content.dellsupportcenter.com/updates/aulauncher.exe
- Run aulauncher.exe to bootstrap the full installation

3. Run the 'hardware functionality' test again to recheck results

If the issue persists, we may have to check if a firmware upgrade is available for your computer's hard drive. I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Hope this helps. do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

October 27th, 2020 10:00

It's a startup problem and I can't even install the photoshop for this problem. I have tried all youtube guidelines which also failed to work on it.

I need an urgent solution for this, hopefully, I will get a way to overcome it

October 27th, 2020 10:00

its dell Inspiron 15 3593, and I can't install the photoshop for this error problem at startup.

A solution must work on it.

I have tried the guidelines of youtube which also failed to work on it

No Events found!