Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 23rd, 2014 08:00

My dell Inspiron 14R (N4110, Early 2011) is in loop of startup repair and restore factory setting

Hi, Please help me.

I am in USA ad I brought my dell from India. My warranty has been expired.

I wants to format my laptop with factory setting and for that I did following steps:

By pressing F8 after power on plug and using "repair your computer(top most option in advance menu)"  is shows "system recovery options" and further by clicking next there are only two options to select either  "Startup Repair" or "Dell datasafe Restore and Emergency Backup".

If I click on "Startup Repair"it keep going for a quite for then says"Startup  repair can not repair this computer automatically" with two options "send information about this computer(recommended)" and Don't send and on hitting "Send information about this computer" no solutions except it shows further two options to select either  "Startup Repair" or "Dell datasafe Restore and Emergency Backup" as previous.

And if I click on "Dell Datasafe Restore and Emergency Backup" and using "Restore my computer" , further "factory Image" is shows 'formatting your partition(competed with green sign) and Re installing your selected system backup (undergoing process and showing progress 2%.........later 100% and option for Restart which I did)'. After restarting it shows window is loading....... and further startup repair and then new window popup shows "Do you want to restore your computer using system restore?" I hit on .Restore button' then it keep on startup repair for long time....then it automatically says to restart and again satrtup repair loop..........

Please help me to resolve this loop between restore factory setting and startup repair. I am not having original DVD of my OS provided by Dell.

You can email me  solution on <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

Thanking you.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

October 23rd, 2014 11:00

F8 Recovery does not repair physically damaged drives. You will have to buy a new hard drive and copy of windows.

October 24th, 2014 04:00

It's very likely the hard drive failed. You need to replace the hard drive.

You can use Seagate Seatools (works with non-Seagate hard drives also) to confirm this. You can download Seagate Seatools from the following link:

http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/item/seatools-dos-master/

You can refer the documentation here:

http://www.seagate.com/files/staticfiles/support/downloads/seatools/seatools-dos-guide.pdf

If you need the OS DVD, kindly provide the version and edition of Windows, like Windows 7 Home Premium, to assist you better.

5 Posts

October 24th, 2014 05:00

Hi Balaji I guess my Hard drive is not failed but I am not so sure. i need OS window 7. Can you help me?

i am trying to boot window using pendrive with Window 7 DVD tool then there is an error for my pendrive "this is not compatible  " and then I tried it by external hard drive with steps http://bootableusb.net/make-bootable-external-hdd-install-windows-78/ but this is taking much time to format even. Please help me,

October 24th, 2014 19:00

Regarding Windows 7 OS, can you provide the exact edition you're using, like Windows 7 Home premium or Windows 7 Professional.

Instead of trying USB boot, you can try DVD boot. That'll work better than USB as some USB devices work and some may not.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

October 24th, 2014 23:00

If making a bootable USB, use Rufus as instructed here:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-microsoft-windows-and-office/download-microsoft-windows/windows-7-sp1-iso-download/

You cannot use an external hard drive and need to use a USB flash drive 4 GB or superior.

5 Posts

November 1st, 2014 01:00

Hi, Please help me.

I am in USA and I brought my dell from India. My warranty has been expired.

I solved the last problem by installing window 8.1 but now webcam is not detecting . 

What to do for webcam in  window 8.1?

thanks

No Events found!