tele85
1 Copper

No Printer

Hello,

After having just reinstalled all my print drivers, I will open up Microsoft Word or Excel and go to Print, and everytime it says there are no printers installed and asks to do so. I have tried both ways out of that. Also, I have stopped and restarted my print spool service. I need suggestions, I am running out of options here! I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
europa303
5 Osmium

Re: No Printer

Go to Control Panel, then click Printers.  Is your printer there and is it checked, indicating it is the default printer?
0 Kudos
tele85
1 Copper

Yes, all my printers are there that installed. I have pinged my print server and all is well there too. I also reinstalled Office to see if that would help and it didn't.
0 Kudos
EmKu
1 Nickel

The same here, but this happens to AutoCad 2004, and all Microsoft Office Softwares are Oke with my network printer server. Why don't you try print with some anotheSmiley Winkr applications, such as print webpage, print test page..etc
0 Kudos
bobh621
3 Zinc

Two suggestions. Some time uninstalling and reinstalling the printer helps. Second try another cable. What make and model printers do you have?
0 Kudos
tele85
1 Copper

I have deleted and added my printers several times, but only last for a few minutes before Office Apps say I have no printer installed. Also, the printers are hosted on our print server, so the cables are just your standard ethernet cables. Thanks for responding though!
0 Kudos
7 Plutonium

Did you connect to the network before you installed the drivers on the PC? Possible XP installed the wrong drivers...

Ron

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos