Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 8th, 2005 23:00

Norton Internet Security(AntiVirus) 2005 - How do I reinstall?

I get an error saying to uninstall and reinstall Norton AntiVirus (part of Internet Security).

I tried doing the other 2 solutions according to the Symantec website but it didnt work.

The problem is that I never recieved an applications CD or a Norton CD with my Dell. It was pre-installed. How can I reinstall Norton after I uninstall it?

I saw that you could download Norton AntiVirus from the Symantec Website but I think I would need to get my subscription information and such before I go ahead with that.

12.1K Posts

May 9th, 2005 12:00

You also might want to look at a different anti virus program...Nortons has been known for problems including being a resource hog and difficult to uninstall completely...I got rid of Nortons, and purchased PC-Cillin Internet Security for around $49.00, and it has been rated above Nortons in a resent computer mag.  Just a thought for you

Dim 4400 ( June 2002 )
2.6 Ghz
Bios A06
1 Gb DDR 2100
Windows XP Home
SP-2
1703 FP LCD monitor
PC-Cillin Internet Security

May 9th, 2005 12:00

I never got a resource CD for this either, and its not on any of the Dell resource CDs.

I did find this article:

Reading my invoice again shows I got a NIS2004 90 day trial OEM.  So I might as well go to Symantec and download whatever and buy a license through there.

boggle.

Message Edited by StormcloudFirefox on 05-09-2005 08:18 AM

2 Posts

May 9th, 2005 14:00

Nevermind I got it fixed,
I called Dell support phone line and customer care was able to send me out a CD. Just waiting on the arrival now.
No Events found!