Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 10th, 2012 09:00

Operating System Not Found

I have a Inspiron M5030. The other day when I tried to boot I got a black screen that says "Operating System Not Found" I went ahead and tried to insert the Windows 7 repair disk but all that happens is the window screen starts up, then goes to a black screen and the only thing I can do it move the mouse. Does anybody have any ideas on what to try next? Thanks

943 Posts

December 10th, 2012 10:00

Hi

I would suggest you to remove the battery & disconnect the AC Adapter from the system and hold the power button down for 20 seconds, to discharge “Static Flea Power”, after that connect AC Adaptor and battery and restart your machine.

In case issue still persists please run Dell diagnostics on the system, to run dell diagnostics Turn on the system, press at the initial Dell logo screen, and select Diagnostics from the boot menu.

In case you want to reinstall operating system again please refer to the below mentioned link:

http://dell.to/11aH9C1

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

943 Posts

December 13th, 2012 13:00

Hi Jwhite81,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to my private message. Other community members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

1 Message

May 16th, 2018 21:00

I tried. But it didn't work. Still it is showing the same. One of my friend told me that primary os drive may have changed and I should try to change the drive folder. How can I do that?
No Events found!