Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

May 22nd, 2008 13:00

P C Restore

I have a Inspiron1520 with XP and am trying to gain access to PC Restore. When I press ctrl F11 at the blue screen it takes me directly to Windows start page.

Any idea what may cause this and how I can access P C Restore

12.7K Posts

May 22nd, 2008 15:00

Using PC Restore in Windows XP or Media Center

1   Turn on the computer.

2   When the Dell splash screen appears during the computer startup process, press and hold and then press . Then, release both keys at the same time.

3   In the Dell PC Restore by Symantec window, click Restore. Alternatively, press to highlight Restore, and then press .

4   When a warning message appears stating that all data will be lost, click Confirm, or press to highlight Confirm and then press .

The Progress window will appear. Once the restore process starts, Dell PC Restore by Symantec usually takes about 8 to 10 minutes to finish.

When the restore process is complete, the following message will appear:
The system recovery process was successful.

5   Click Finish or press to highlight Finish and then press to restart the computer.

The software is now installed as it was when the computer was first received.

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/document?c=us&l=en&s=gen&docid=3E48AE3870775D64E040A68F5B2877D4&journalid= DD2A7FCC25F0424E040A68F27280968&Query=&SystemID=&ServiceTag=&contenttype= os=&component=&lang=&doclang=&toggle=&dl=

No Events found!