Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 17th, 2008 14:00

Problem with Not enough Quota

I have a Dell Dimension 8250 running under Windows XP Pro SP2.  It has 512MB PC1066 RDRAM and a 120GB 7200 RPM hard drive, Zip drive, diskette drive, CD drive and DVD drive.

Until a couple of months ago, the PC ran OK.  Now I keep getting messages "Not enough quota is available to process this command."  I've looked through the posts on this issue, but still don't quite understand the issue.  I am and administrator and the only user of this PC. 

In thinking back, this problem seems to have started about the time I upgraded my security software to Trend Micro Internet Security Pro.

I have run online security scans from Trend Micro, Symantec, and McAfee to check for viruses, etc. but nothing was found.

Initially I suspected low memory was the problem as when I would open a couple of programs at the same time, sometimes the loading screen would go blank.  But that sometimes happens now when nothing else is open and I try to fun a program. 

I'm not sure if I have a PC memory failure, a bug that has gotten past the security software, or something else.  When I tried initially to set up my network about a year ago, nothing would work, so I had the Geek Squad come help out and he found a Trojan horse on the 8250.  After that things worked fine until now.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

2.9K Posts

April 18th, 2008 13:00

Is it possible that you're getting low on disk space and Windows is running out of room for a proper size swap file? Many of the threads in this search seem to indicated that this is a paging file issue.

596 Posts

April 18th, 2008 15:00

SandyC If you know you are not low on disk space then try this. Go to my computer>right click choose properties>quota's and make sure enable quota management is not checked.. Just a shot in the dark!!

189 Posts

April 18th, 2008 19:00

I found yesterday after posting my message how to check this issue and enable quota management is not checked. 

189 Posts

April 18th, 2008 19:00

Well, the disk size is 120 GB and it is less than 1/2 full.  I've thought about putting a batch of files to DVD, but I can't run the program, Roxio Easy Media Creator, as it will not load due to this problem.  I have these files in My Network Places as Shared Documents, but cannot seem to access them on my laptop, where I thought I might copy them to DVD.  I could get rid of 4 DVD's worth of data if I could get Roxio to run.
No Events found!