Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 23rd, 2011 10:00

Product key of Microsoft office 2010

The product key of the microsoft office 2010 is not working. I used the Product key indicated on the bottom of the laptop but then, the message "the product key is invalid." What should I do? Thank you.

2 Posts

We purchased the laptop with the MS Office on it. How I will get the Product key since there is no information available in any card given.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

The product key on the bottom of the PC is for Windows, not Office.  If you purchased a full (OEM) Version of Office, Dell should have supplied you with the Product Key (Or it would have been preactivated).  If this is the case, contact Dell for the Product Key (Office 2010 can be downloaded from Microsoft and your product key used to activate it, thus no disc is needed).   If this is just the Trial Version that comes with most new PC's, you will have to purchase Office 2010 from Microsoft and they will furnish the product key.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

April 23rd, 2011 15:00

You probably received the free MS Office Starter version with limited versions of Word and Excel that come with ads for the full version. Starter does not require activation. However if you select MS Office 2010 in the list of programs you will be asked to upgrade. You must select MS Word Starter 2010 or MS Excel Starter to open the free programs. Paid versions of Office do not come with any disks anymore. They are already activated. Read more about starter version that comes on all new computers HERE.

To open Word, type word in the start box.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 25th, 2011 10:00

The full version will have a product card with the COA.

Trial version does not. It's just that: a trial version. If your order sheet says "Microsoft Office Starter" or something like that you have the trial.

If you DO have the full version, the product card is in the box. Just recently they started putting it in the accessory box with the other CD's and such.

No Events found!