Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

December 10th, 2003 20:00

Receiving BLANK attachments from AOL e-mail senders - I am using MicroSoft Outlook

The subject tells it all.  When I receive e-mail from AOL senders and open the attachments, they are blank.  There is no problem reading AOL-sent e-mail if there no attachment.  Can anyone tell me what must be changed in my e-mail preferences (or whatever) to correct this situation?

Thanks.

Ed

December 11th, 2003 13:00

etsces,

Are you getting any messages when you click on the attachment?

7 Posts

December 11th, 2003 18:00

Joanne:

Thanks for your response.  All I get when I open the attachment is a window containing the drop down menu options (File, Edit, etc.), followed by a line containing Reply, Forward, Print, etc.), This is followed by lines containing the From, Date, To, Subject & Attachment information.  The rest of the window is blank.

Thanks again.

December 11th, 2003 19:00

etsces,

If they are forwarded attachments you should get a screen showing the first forwarding header and a line showing that there is an attachment. If you get that, double-click on the attachment name and you'll get another similar screen. Keep it up and eventually you'll get to the original message, then the attachment will finally open.

In Outlook Express make sure that you are formatting your messages in HTML rather than plain text (Tools|Options|Send tab) and in the New Message window under the Format entry check "Send pictures with message."

AOL might be compressing the files and your computer doesn't know how to read it since it's not the same AOL software.

No Events found!