Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 18th, 2010 11:00

Recovery Image Partition not working

I have a Dell Inspiron 15r N5010 laptop, 2 months old, win7 preinstalled.

problems :

1. dell datasafe local backup (preinstalled version) neverworks .. saying recovery partition is not found/missing/corrupted... so i'm anable to make backup recovery disks. i searched many solutions including patch TagxDEpart.exe for fixing it, nobody did my job.

2. giving up, i thought of factory reinstallation( F8 option during boot), but that too didnt work ...saying recovery/system image found.  i dont have any dvd or recovery disks that i would insert then...what would i do ?

i want to have my factory install coz this system needs a repair. plz help somebody

4 Operator

• 

3.7K Posts

November 18th, 2010 13:00

I have a Dell Inspiron 15r N5010 laptop, 2 months old, win7 preinstalled.

problems :

1. dell datasafe local backup (preinstalled version) neverworks .. saying recovery partition is not found/missing/corrupted... so i'm anable to make backup recovery disks. i searched many solutions including patch TagxDEpart.exe for fixing it, nobody did my job.

2. giving up, i thought of factory reinstallation( F8 option during boot), but that too didnt work ...saying recovery/system image found.  i dont have any dvd or recovery disks that i would insert then...what would i do ?

i want to have my factory install coz this system needs a repair. plz help somebody

What you can do is use this link HERE to order a backup disc for your OS online, this will work if you live in the US, if not, contact your local dell support.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

November 19th, 2010 03:00

Although Robin's suggestion to order discs should be taken.  Since it's only a two month old PC you should be calling Dell support.  Maybe they can replace the hard drive (the only way to get the Dell recovery partition back).

3 Posts

November 19th, 2010 04:00

its so disgusting and disappointing that "Backup Disc" support page is only valid for US customers ...unfortunately I'm in India , the reputation of dell india is so bad ...but thank you buddies for ur suggestions ...please suggest some other options/solutions .... is there anyway to get back recovery partition working at home ( through some software troubleshooting like imageX etc...)....

any one from Dell India here to address my problem ??? why you guys are so bad at india while u r so awesome at US . :( :emotion-9:

159 Posts

November 19th, 2010 07:00

I think if you contact Dell support in India, they will help you too. I mean they have to help you as best as they can. Have you tried using their services yet and they didn't help you? If they don't help you good, report it to Dell company.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

November 19th, 2010 11:00

This problem has been reported quite a few times by others too.

So, aside from getting the reinstallation disks from Dell, you may have to do what Fireberd recommended, ask Dell to replace the hard drive. But it has to be a fully imaged replacement hard drive, otherwise, they'll send you a blank, unformatted drive, which won't fix the problem.

Ron

No Events found!