Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 27th, 2010 10:00

Removing Dell Support Center from startup?

Hi, I've read a few posts asking about how to remove Dell Support Center from the startup list, but I haven't come across any solutions, so I thought I'd make a new post. I've unchecked DSC many times from the startup list, which works for a day or two, but then voila - there it is again, sitting in my systray. Does anyone know how to disable / remove DSC from the startup list permanently? I don't want to uninstall the program - I think it can be useful when used manually - but having it run in the background at all times is really annoying!

Thanks in advance!

Ken A. Dienne

2.6K Posts

February 27th, 2010 11:00

Besides the dsca.exe and the sprtcmd.exe under Startup, there's also a service that may be triggering the reloading.

Start - Run - type services.msc  .    Under the list of services, find "SupportSoft Sprocket Service",  stop it, then set the startup to Manual instead of Automatic.

3.7K Posts

February 27th, 2010 10:00

Hi Ken, Have you gone into MSCONFIG and removed the tick  from i'ts startup list. 

March 3rd, 2010 22:00

Yes, I've unchecked DSC many, many times from the startup list, as I stated clearly in my original post. I'll try your suggestion, Alexandra_P and get back to you. Thanks!

Ken A. Dienne

No Events found!