Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 21st, 2007 03:00

Roxio Creator DE (Easy Media Creator 9)

I got Roxio Creator 9 as an upgrade when I installed my express upgrade to Vista. I originally had Roxio Creator LE with XP. It installed properly during the Vista upgrade and I've registered it with Roxio. Since the upgrade I have click on the desktop icon and opened up Roxio looked it over and what not. So today I clicked on the desktop icon for Roxio and it tries to install but it can't so it tells me that its on a network  resource that is unavailable. I have to click on cancel cause about four configuration windows pop up one after another. Afterwards I have Roxio Creator DE open. I've had the Vista upgrade for about 3 weeks now with not problems. Since Roxio is already installed why is it trying to configure and install again? This didn't happen until now 3 weeks after being install. Any way to resolve this? I don't have a disc because it came within the Vista upgrade. Thanks.

Roger1955
-------------------------------------------------
XPS 410
Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 1.86 ghz
2 gigs DDR2 Ram / Evga Geforce 7600GT
2-250 GB WD Sata II HDD'S 7200 rpm(Raid 1 Array)
19 in E197FPB Flat Panel Display
13 and 1 media card reader
Sony CRX 3105 CDRWDVD / TS-H553A DVD+-RW/DL
IEEE 1394 PCI Express Firewire Port
NIS 2007

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 21st, 2007 09:00

The Vista DVD did not contain Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 as that is a retail and separate product.  If you have Roxio Easy Media Creator V9 then you should have the CD for it.  I had to reinstall V9 after I upgraded to Vista as it wasn't working correctly after the upgrade.  Roxio DE would have come on your PC, not on the Vista DVD, and if you don't have the restore CD for that, contact Dell to get it.  

The only thing on the Vista DVD is the Operating System and Microsoft applications that come with the Vista Operating System.  Roxio is a separate product produced by Sonic Solutions and is not affiliated in any way with Microsoft.

561 Posts

May 21st, 2007 12:00

Hi it was install form the DVD upgrade assistant, part of the 2 disc express vista upgrade. As I mention in my first post the upgrade assistant installed the roxio creatore DE. So could I pop in the upgrade assistant DVD and try to install the roxio or leave it along?

roger1955
------------------------
XPS 410
NIS 2007

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

May 22nd, 2007 09:00

Oh, OK, it wasn't the Vista DVD, but a second DVD that Dell sent with applications on it.  Yes, you should be able to reinstall it from that DVD.

561 Posts

May 22nd, 2007 19:00

I tried, I inserted the upgrade assistant DVD, looked in the application folder clicked on the Roxio Creator DE file but it's password protected. All the apps are password protected. I can still use Roxio, it's just that the configure installation window pops up and I have to click on cancel, the same window pops up 4 times and then Roxio opens.

Roger1955
-------------------------------------
XPS 410
NIS 2007

326 Posts

May 22nd, 2007 20:00

Try exploring the DVD for a readme file ... it may have the password you are seeking,
You could also try: Dell ... or Roxio ... or Vista as possible passwords to access
that folder. You can also call Dell and tell them you need to access the folders to
burn the individual apps to a cd for backup purposes. You paid for the software,
you should be allowed full access to the folders.

Try copying the folder to the hard drive, then try to take ownership of it.
That may remove the password.
No Events found!