Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 5th, 2010 08:00

Sata Driver Inspiron N5010 to install windows XP

Hi, I have a Inspiron N5010 notebook with win7HB64 , this notebook have online support only for 64 bit OS Vista & 7. There is no support for any 32 bit OS. Now i want to install and run XP (32 bit ) on my notebook & on my external HDD (i have successfully done it on my old desktop with asus motherboard). I Know its not straight forward, i searched net a lot and found some solutions for other notebooks, Installing on External HDD is much important for me. i'm ready for complex task, Can anybody help me out...would be most appreciated .

Things i know : would need SATA drivers for my notebook, would need to make a special arrangement for USB drivers too & it is possible.

Things i do not know : where is my Notebooks SATA driver for XP installation, stepwise procedure for both ( sata drivers & USB integration into special Disk)

14.4K Posts

December 5th, 2010 08:00

For 32 bit XP you can download STOR_all32_f6flpy_9.6.0.1014_PV.zip from here, http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=15251&ProdId=3018&lang=eng

Unzip the file and put all  the files on to a floppy disc.  You'll need to use it during the xp install when asked to press F6 to install scsi/raid drivers. Make sure your bios is set to ahci mode.

Good luck on trying to find all your hardware drivers.

6.4K Posts

December 5th, 2010 10:00

Did you happen to run across this thread?  Installing Windows XP on Dell Inspirion N5010

3 Posts

December 6th, 2010 06:00

thanks for ur responses, @ above the link is good one but how to make that slipstream CD for Inspiron N5010, could you pls give me the link .....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

what about my 2nd problem ?

Installing XP on USB external HDD...is it solved for inspiron N5010 yet ? can anybody help me atleast if it is done on some other notebook ...pls provide any link to this prob. greatly appreciated !!

6.4K Posts

December 6th, 2010 08:00

One popular site to learn slipstreaming is here:  www.nliteos.com.

With regard to booting Windows from a USB device, I have seen a site or two that gave a procedure, but it is not guaranteed to work.  Microsoft does not support the process of booting Windows from a USB device so far as I know.

No Events found!