Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

November 24th, 2007 13:00

SigmaTel will not work on Vista

Hello!
After downlaoding the latest SigmaTel update my volum mixer stopped working. Have been in contact with the XPS support phone in UK, and i have googled the problem, and no solutions yet. Whatever i do i always get the message No Audio Device installed. When i do the test from the driver and utility dvd i get perfect sound on the speakers. I run Vista Ultimate. Please help!

Rune Idland

I have reinstalled drivers and hardware, i have been in the Service window and restarted it, i have uninstalled the modem, someone had an idea thet it could help, i have tryed everyting so far and no volum, only a red x over the volum icon on taskbar.

1.9K Posts

November 24th, 2007 13:00

When you right-click  on the speaker on the lower right side and go to Playback devices, is listed there the Speakers and does it appears enabled?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

November 24th, 2007 14:00

If you installed Vista and it didn't work, did you first install the Intel Chipset drivers BEFORE installing sound?  If not, that MAY be the problem as the chipset drivers define what is on the motherboard and MUST be installed before installing device drivers such as the sound.

527 Posts

November 25th, 2007 08:00

I always go to the device manager, right click the item and uninstall.

There is a driver that Microsoft uses by default and I use that to control the audio device.

There have been reports of strange playback issues with dell's version of sigmatel drivers.

November 25th, 2007 09:00

And the computer is only 5 months old, and everything was installed and working when I got it. The trouble started after downloading drivers updates from dell support and download sites. (The SigmaTel update)

November 25th, 2007 09:00

Everytime i rigth-click the speaker icon, I have to enable the Windows Audio Devices, but stil no sound

1.9K Posts

November 25th, 2007 13:00

Is the speakers set as default (with a check-mark on it?)

November 25th, 2007 17:00

Hei!
Yes, the speakers are set as default, and it say that the SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC is working, but no sound. Only this high enoying short beeb evertime there is a message.

1.9K Posts

November 25th, 2007 18:00

Try using the Windows audio codec.
Go to Device Manager, right click on the Sigmatel Device and select Update driver software
Select Browse My computer
Select Let mi pick from a list
You will see probably more than two options, select the one that says High Definition Audio Device, click on Next, then YES, and see if it works.

Message Edited by GioAguilar on 11-25-2007 02:49 PM

November 26th, 2007 21:00

Hello
I have tryed everything now, think its time to make a phone call to dell, and maybe return the stupied computer. Have googled the issue, and it seems to be a common problem on the Dell computers, with Dell and the integrated SigmaTel soundcard.

Rune
No Events found!