Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 18th, 2007 15:00

Sonic / Roxio Drag-toDisc DLA Update Patch Procedure Still not Working

Is anyone else still having no success with getting rid of the Sonic Solutions DLA driver error message? I tried the below procedure and I am still receiving the error message. The problem seems to be that the Roxio DLA program will not uninstall itself. It appears to try to do this when the patch below is run, ie. it asks me if I want to uninstall it but I don't get any confirmation that the uninstall was successful, instead the Roxio Drag-To-Disc program just finishes installing itself.

I'm wondering if the only solution is going to be to do a clean install of Vista or I just wait until Dell & Roxio finally figure this one out? The reason I ask if anyone else is still having a problem after applying the below procedure is that I figure if it doesn't work for many of us they will continue to try to find a fix vs. us having to waste time reinstalling Vista.

Thanks
Brent

Dimension 9200
2 gig ram
360 gig x 2 RAID
Radeon XL1300

Dells Recommended Procedure

Some users may encounter problems application lockups during installation of the Roxio patch (http://docs.roxio.com/patches/d2d3290.exe), or experience scenarios after the patch states the installation is complete in which the previous errors still persist. To resolve this issue, please try the following steps: NOTE: In scenarios where the patch has been fully installed, but the previous errors persist, users should perform a system restore to the date before the patch was installed. 1. download and save the patch to the hard drive. 2. physically disconnect from your internet connection (disable the wireless adapter for wireless portables) 3. click the start Pearl and type MSCONFIG into the start search box and hit . 4. on the startup tab, check "disable all" and click "apply" 5. on the services tab, check "hide all Microsoft services," click "disable all" and click "ok" and reboot 6. apply the patch and reboot 7. put desired startup and services items back in MSCONFIG and reboot 8. reconnect to the internet (enable wireless adapter for wireless portables)

240 Posts

March 18th, 2007 15:00

This is the reason why i did a clean install over Vista. I could not uninstall roxio DLA or Creative Audigy MD. After I clean installed over Vista (on the same partiton) these programs were gone. I was able to reinstall Roxio exceprt the compatiblity with DLA message came up I skipped it and the rest of the program installed and works. I can use Vista's drag to disc in lieu of Roxio's.
If you use this method don't forget to delete the windows.old file that is created using this method of a clean install.

527 Posts

March 18th, 2007 20:00

I installed that patch before I upgraded to vista. It works and theres no barrier preventing you from installing that ahead of time. Dell's instructions can be a little bit dim-witty at times.

1 Message

March 18th, 2007 20:00

I used the patch which stopped the error popping up but it has also stopped the drag to disc cant find it on my pc now
No Events found!