Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

June 8th, 2009 14:00

Suggestion: Drivers & Download

IT will be really nice and time saving if we can upgrade the dell drivers automatically instead of regularly going to the website and keeping track manually of which one we already upgraded. Something like Mricosoft where I can just check on/off the drivers I'm ok to install or upgrade and just press one button to install all. The current process is too time consuming.

Thanks

Wilhelm

3.6K Posts

Well there is one way.Install all of the drivers to a USB Flash Drive.I have all of my drivers installed on one and when i get an updated version i install it to the flash and remove the old one.It makes it easier and less time consuming when you do a fresh re-install the OS every 3 months like i do.

15 Posts

Good advise but I really would like DELL to improve the website or tools for this, neither you or I should spend too much time on this task, common we are in 2009, we shouldn't have to think about this (if the driver has been well tested, just upgrade automatically like msft, apple etc... do by giving few options (now, later, manual...)

3.6K Posts

June 8th, 2009 15:00

That is true yes,but once Dell releases a driver for any system they very RARELY if EVER update it.So having to find an updated version is a chore in itself.Granted as the old saying goes"if it ain't broke don't fix it",but every now and then an updated driver is needed at some point?...You also have to remember,updating drivers other than Dell released will/can cause a loss of functionality(media buttons,Bluetooth,sound etc...)

No Events found!