Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 26th, 2008 18:00

The Dell Accessories folder is missing.

Hi everyone,

I need to create a Windows Vista Restore disc.

I wished to follow the instructions indicate at the thread:

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?c=us&cs=19&dl=false&l=en&s=dhs&docid=F0298774D06E7340E030030ABD62396D&doclang=en

But, surprise! In the Start menu of my PC the folder [Dell Accessories] doesn't exist. And then Dell OS Recovery CD, no much more   :-(

My questions are:
1) To re-install it, where can i found The Dell accessories soft ? (By Download if necessary, it isn't bother me)
2) When we make a Winows recovery disc, is this included the SP1 ? ( I never find this information nowhere)
3) By your own experiences, do ya think that is the better way to proceed?

Really best regard for your help

And Merry (what ever how you wish to tell it) and i hope to you the all best.

Normy

6 Posts

December 29th, 2008 17:00

Thank you

Hum, that's what i thought!

In fact, i have a restore partition. but i really don't know how to use it! And if it is in good condition!
The only way to fix the trouble i have it's to re-install ....

And, the $$$ reality at home is realy poor at this time...( i came from 5 weeks of hospitalisation)

So, i'm not ready to pay $69.95 +tx to receive that disc....bread and butter for my wife and my 2 kids are my priority for now.

Thanks for all

Normy

4.6K Posts

December 27th, 2008 00:00

Unfortunately, you can't follow those instructions, without the 'Dell OS Recovery Utility'.

I suspect it'll have to be requested direct from Dell, by contacting tech support?

Does your system not have a 'Restore' partition though?

Or is the reason you need to create a Vista Restore disc in the first place, because you don't have a restore partition?

6 Posts

January 13th, 2009 11:00

Ok thanks every one.

i fund how to used de recovery utily partition by my self...the best way to learn  lol

So consider this thread as SOLVED

Thanks to all

Normy

No Events found!