Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 13th, 2014 12:00

Trouble Installing Dell Drivers for Inspiron 5520

Hello,

My husband has an Inspiron 5520, 64-bit OS. The warranty expired in 8/2013.  It had a damaged hard drive, which we just replaced with a new one. I am in the process of installing Windows 7, the necessary drivers, etc. and am running into difficulty installing the drivers.

Here's what I have done so far:

I am following the instructions at How to Manually Reinstall Windows 7 on a Dell Computer (http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/19/KCS/KcsArticles/ArticleView?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&docid=DSN_362048) .  I created a Windows 7 DVD and followed the steps which resulted in a successful installation of Windows 7.

I am now on Step 4 of the instructions - installing drivers. I went to the Dell Drivers and Downloads page and entered the service tag of the laptop, which generated a list of drivers. Following the list titled, Installing Drivers in the Correct Order, I started with the System Utilities. There were two items listed for his laptop. I downloaded them onto my laptop's desktop and then transferred them onto a USB drive. I inserted the USB drive into the Inspiron laptop and tried to install them. In both cases, I got an Error message which read:

"This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software."

How can I correct this problem?

Thanks.

BJ

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

January 30th, 2014 23:00

That is not Dell System Software.

Dell System Software is here:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/driver-sets/dell-system-software/

The file you list is Intel Rapid Start Technology and will likely only work if you have a SSD Cache drive in your system.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

January 14th, 2014 10:00

See Windows Reinstallation Guide/A Clean Install of Windows 7: http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/ Also let us know what driver gives the error.

13 Posts

January 30th, 2014 14:00

After successfully completing a clean reinstall of Windows 7, I started to download the drivers. All that I said in my initial message pertains except today the laptop prompted me to do a phone activation from Microsoft, allowing the Windows 7 installation. That was successfully completed.

So, it is my understanding from the Dell documentation that I am to first install the Dell System Software (system utilities).  The first one I tried to install was:

Hard-Drive-APP_iRST_W7_X06_A02_setup-R0WR7_ZPE.exe

This file contains a compressed (or zipped) set of files. Download the file to a folder on your hard drive, and then run (double-click) it to unzip the set of files. Follow the instructions to complete the installation.

I was able to save it to a flash drive and then onto the desktop of the Dell Inspiron 5520. I double clicked on it to unzip the files, which was successful. When I tried to run it, I received an error message as before:

"This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software."

Help, please.

Thanks,

BJ

13 Posts

January 31st, 2014 16:00

I went to the link you provided in your message and installed the Dell System Software. All went fine. From there I was able to complete the installation of all of the drivers, updates, software applications, etc. The laptop is running like new. Consider this message closed.

Thank you so much for your help.

BJ

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

January 31st, 2014 21:00

Fantastic, thanks for posting about your success.  :emotion-21:

I have marked the verified answer. :)

No Events found!