Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 13th, 2012 09:00

Trying to Totaly Wipe and reinstall my Dell Optiplex 330

I have a Dell Optiplex 330 that I am attempting a total wipe and reset. I don't care what I loose, or want to restore at all. I have looked online and tried to find directions for this with no luck. They all refer to having a restore point, and my system keeps telling me it won't do it with no back up point.

Can anyone tell me how to do a total system blank and reinstall without having a restore point or back up?

Any help would be appreciated!

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

Boot to your Windows installation disk and follow the prompte to install.  Be sure to delete any partitions shown before installing.

That should get you started at least ... if you need more assistance, let us know what OS you are installing.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

January 13th, 2012 10:00

It depends on the version of Windows you are trying to install.  Simply deleting it with the option on the screen during "setup" is enough.

How do I delete  a partition? Is it as easy as selecting and deleting? Or do I need to do more? I know this computer has one.

The help really is greatly appreciated!

January 13th, 2012 11:00

Thanks! I was able to get the computer up and running! I just need to install all the drivers and them reinstall some programs. I appreciate alll the help!

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

January 13th, 2012 13:00

Glad you got it working, my wiki a clean install of Windows takes you through the install by step, if you run into any problems feel free to post back.

No Events found!