Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 31st, 2009 00:00

Unable to update Microsoft Vista Service Pack 2

I had tried to update my Windows Vista to the latest service pack 2 but failed. And I just found out that my machine is preloaded with Vista SP3.

Correct me if I am wrong, as far as I know, the latest service pack for Vista is 2 and 3 is not existed yet....

So If there anyone could help me to solve this problem...

Thanks in advance :emotion-1:

p/s: My machine is Dell Inspiron 530

5 Posts

July 8th, 2009 21:00

After googling for so long, at last I find a way to update to vista sp2....

To do so, you need to change the HEX values of the CSDVersion to the following registry keys from 300 to 100:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Windows
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Control\Windows

100 = SP1, 200 = SP2, 300 = SP3

After that just restart the computer and no problem to update to vista sp2... :emotion-1:

May 31st, 2009 03:00

Are you sure it's VISTA SP 3, not Office SP3, or the .NET framework SP3?  Because you're absolutely right, there is no SP3 for Vista yet.  Well, at least not publicly available.  If you right-click Computer in your start menu, and click Properties at the bottom, it should tell you which service pack you're on.  

And to fix the SP2 install issue, perhaps try downloading it directly from the Microsoft Update website and installing it manually?

5 Posts

May 31st, 2009 07:00

100% sure it is vista sp3, not others...

I tried downloading it directly but still no luck. It keep on prompting that my updates are newer then the current service pack 2.

If no luck on solving this issue, I might try to restore my pc...

1 Message

May 27th, 2010 20:00

didn't work for me :(

all of my cdversions were already 100.

Any other solutions???

No Events found!