Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 5th, 2008 07:00

Virus has killed system problems after install getting internet connection

Hi, recently had a virus which basically killed the system. Tried to reboot to factory settings, but it did not work, couldn't even get safe mode. only way to get machine working again was a fresh install of XP, however now I cannot get the internet or my BT Home Hub to connect and guessing this is because relevant Dell drivers are not installed.

anyone any ideas what I need to do to get the internet connection back or what software I need. ??

HELP Please....!! i'm not a total beginner, but don't go to technical on me please !!

12.1K Posts

September 5th, 2008 10:00

Unable to assist because you did not list your systems model number.  Link below is from the Dell driver site.  Find your system and correct operating system from the list and you will find drivers for your system.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen

September 5th, 2008 11:00

it is a Dimension 5150.....I downloaded everything from the site pretty much and copy to USB to install tonight, but do you know which file I will need to get my Hub recognised and get a connection?

appreciate you taking the time to reply.

1.7K Posts

September 5th, 2008 17:00

The drivers needed for the Dimension 5150, in the order they should be installed, are:

• Dell Desktop System Software
  • Intel® chipset drivers for ICH7 systems
  • Intel 945G Integrated Video
  • SigmaTel® STA9220 Driver
  • Intel 82562GT 10/100 Ethernet Controller Driver
  • Drivers for any PCI or PCI Express® cards installed

If you added any hardware you would have to install the drivers for that as well (e.g., if you added an video card to use instead of the integrated video).

September 8th, 2008 08:00

thanks Larry working fine now.

Appreciate your help!!!!

No Events found!