Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 18th, 2009 14:00

Vista Business Service Pack 2 & Windows 7 Technology Guarantee

I have been trying to find out when Dell will be "slipstreaming" Vista Service Pack 2 into their production computers and the "Restore DVD" which comes with the units.

I also need to know when the Dell / Microsoft "Technology Guarantee" program goes into effect, whereby they guarantee that any computer sold after a date certain will qualify for a free or low-cost upgrade to Windows 7 when it is officially released in October.

A leaked memo from Microsoft said that it would be in effect for all OEM computers sold after July 1st of this year, but I can't get anybody at Dell to confirm this.

I have a number of clients who are delaying their purchases until I can secure the answers to both of the above questions, so if anybody out there knows I would appreciate hearing about it.

I'm dead in the water, business-wise, until I can learn the answers.

Thanks in advance.

• 

17K Posts

June 19th, 2009 07:00

Travis_Lloyd,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

This is the only information available at this time below.. As the Windows 7 release date gets closer there will be more information.

Windows 7 Upgrade Program

4 Operator

• 

3.7K Posts

June 26th, 2009 14:00

Hi Travis_Lloyd, See HERE for an announcement on Win 7.  Only dell knows when they are going to release SP2.

1 Rookie

• 

51 Posts

June 26th, 2009 14:00

Travis_Lloyd,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

This is the only information available at this time below.. As the Windows 7 release date gets closer there will be more information.

Windows 7 Upgrade Program

Based on everything I've seen here the Big Day is today (26 June 2009), but for some reason I haven't found an "official" announcement on the Dell Webiste yet.

Why the delay, I wonder?

However, I still need an answer to my first question, and that is when is Dell going to begin slipstreaming Service Pack 2 into Vista on their production machines?

Surely this is not some deep, dark secret, since it's been out for many weeks, now.

Could you at least enlighten me on that?

No Events found!