Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 28th, 2009 06:00

Where do I get Dell 1737 Laptop Drivers for Windows XP Pro?

Nothing is working with Windows 7, and I don't like Windows Vista.  I have older version of Windows XP Professional to install on the laptop.  When I lookup the laptop on Dell's site, they only go back to Windows Vista 32bit version drivers, will these work on Windows XP operating systems? 

Virtualization is required to be turned on with Windows 7 now, when I have it installed on my desktop without it (Virtual PC 2007).  Other software is not supported under Windows 7, or Vista, as well.  Let me know as soon as possible so I can get back to normal with my life.

Thanks.

1 Message

November 28th, 2009 11:00

Hi

Lattitude 505 and Win7.

This installation went as clockwork. All drivers were automatically updated and I updated BIOS manually from the Dell Pages.

But the Display adapter didn't work and I used the driver on Dell pages. From http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=no&l=no&s=gen&ServiceTag=J27651J&SystemID=LAT_PNT_PM_D505&os=WW1&osl=no&catid=&impid=

Didn't work. The screen is 800x600 in low resolution. Looks horrible.

Where can I find a driver for the integrated graphic adapter, Intel 852GM/852GME/855GM/855GME Graphics Controller.

Yours truly,

RealPommy

2.9K Posts

November 28th, 2009 11:00

Most Vista drivers will NOT work on XP. As Dell does not supply any drivers for XP, you'll have to go to the manufacturers' websites for each component for which you require drivers.

No Events found!