Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 22nd, 2009 13:00

Win 7 upgrade notification

I purchased a laptop in August.  I registered with Dell for the free upgrade.  Since Win 7 has been released now, how long will it be before I receive the notification that I can get my upgrade? 

2 Posts

November 23rd, 2009 18:00

I wish someone could just drop one of these in the mail for me manually.  When I placed the order about 4 weeks ago, I originally had an Estimated Ship Date (ESD) of a few days, then it was switched to the 15th.  The 15th has come and gone and I still do not have a Win7 upgrade disc...  Now, the ESD has pushed back *again* to December 9th.

This is my first experience buying from Dell and one of the main reasons I chose them was because of the Win7 upgrade offer.  I'm pretty disappointed that I've been delayed several times already.  I really love my Dell laptop but can't help but feel that I've been let down by Dell because of this.  A quick resolution would be hugely appreciated.

2 Posts

November 23rd, 2009 18:00

I'm also trying to be patient but it's getting hard.

I wish someone could just drop one of these in the mail for me manually or set up a download link for us. When I placed the order about 4 weeks ago, I was given an Estimated Ship Date (ESD) of a only few days.  I got very excited and expected things to go smooth.  To my surprise, the ESD was then swtched to November 15th. The 15th has come and gone and I still do not have a Win7 upgrade disc... Now, the ESD has pushed back *again* to December 9th.

This is my first experience buying from Dell and one of the main reasons I chose them was because of the Win7 upgrade offer. I'm pretty disappointed that I've been delayed several times already. I really love my Dell laptop but can't help but feel that I've been let down by Dell because of this. A quick resolution would be hugely appreciated. 

I trust that Dell will take care of us, just hopefully sooner than later.

5 Posts

November 24th, 2009 00:00

After grumbling on this thread a few times my order is now dispached! coincidence? my advice to anyone waiting for an upgrade is to wright nasty things about dell on this forum!

3 Posts

November 24th, 2009 21:00

It is interesting, I got my Dell DVD on Nov. 22, last time I check my order status, it said the estimated delivery date was Dec. 4.  I guess I am lucky here.  It took me more than 5 hours  (2 phone calls, 2 email request and 1 live chat) to get my Dell order placed.

However, on my other computer (Acer), it took me 5 minutes to clear the order and I got the DVD early Nov. 

I will seriously give it a second thought next time when buying a computer.

Wish everyone good luck dealing with Dell.

12 Posts

December 9th, 2009 01:00

This service is appalling. I hope Dell realise they are losing customers every day they delay these copies of Windows 7. Note to Dell: we will not come back after being treated like this.

Originally my shipment date was 3rd November, then changed to 10th November, then disappeared. After emailing them, I got a reply a few weeks later saying 'I have checked on the progress of your Dell order # DELL ### and the estimated shipping date for the windows 7 cd is 9th Dec 2009'. OK, fine I thought. I can live with that. Then I logon yesterday and I don't believe it, it's changed again- to the 16th December.

Is this going to go on forever Dell? Or are you going to ship my copy of Windows 7? And perhaps waive the £15 charge if you want any hope of getting me to buy from Dell in the future?

12 Posts

December 15th, 2009 06:00

I continue to wait, with the shipment date changing every week. Have sent several emails, with some innocuous apologies about how they are experiencing delays. And the last one suggested that the reason for the changing dates was because they come from UPS not themselves.

That's right Dell, pass the buck why don't you. You CHOSE to use UPS! If they are so useless, then change courier as they are not giving the service which you require from them. But don't just pass the buck onto them. It is ultimately YOUR responsibility Dell, to ensure these things are shipped on time. And you are the ones who will pay the price as your customers will not come back.

December 15th, 2009 07:00

My response isn't much help, but maybe I can help with a few sympathetic words?  I continue to feel bad for all of you who are having such difficult times with Dell.  There exists some obvious quality control issues, as my Win 7 upgrade order was processed and shipped as promised!  I really hope this works out for you folks, I know how frustrating it can be to feel like a pebble in the ocean.  

12 Posts

January 11th, 2010 01:00

I continue to wait, with the shipment date changing every week. Have sent several emails, with some innocuous apologies about how they are experiencing delays. And the last one suggested that the reason for the changing dates was because they come from UPS not themselves.

That's right Dell, pass the buck why don't you. You CHOSE to use UPS! If they are so useless, then change courier as they are not giving the service which you require from them. But don't just pass the buck onto them. It is ultimately YOUR responsibility Dell, to ensure these things are shipped on time. And you are the ones who will pay the price as your customers will not come back.

Dell's behaviour to customers continues to be unbelievably poor. 11th of Jan, still no sign of my copy of Windows 7 and now my status has no date at all but says 'On hold'. Awful, absolutely awful. I will never buy from Dell again.

No Events found!