JoshElder
1 Copper

Re: Windows 7 32-bit problems

I'm having the same problem. I also have an Inspiron 1720 and in order to update to Windows 7 Ultimate, I need to update my BIOS. I currently have Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A07. I've tried updating the BIOS to A09 and A12 but the Dell Driver Download Manager says there are no files to download. I'd love to have a live chat but apparently my warranty for that has expired so I would love an answer if anyone knows what to do. Thanks.

0 Kudos
ayakobing
1 Nickel

I tried this with IE and it found files to download. I was initially using Firefox and with that, nothing opened. I hope it works for you now.

0 Kudos
JoshElder
1 Copper

Yep, I uninstalled the Download Manager and used IE and it worked also. Thanks.

0 Kudos

JoshElder,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

You can go straight to the BIOS VERSION A09 by clicking the title below.

Bios A09

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos
Richards XPSM1
1 Copper

I'l try again.

0 Kudos

Try...

How to by-pass the Dell Download Manager, then try Jesse's link above for the Bios. Please use Internet Explorer.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

negassakinfu
1 Copper

I bought Windows 7 today... but everytime i try to install it this problem comes up:

Windows cannot be installed on this computer with the current system BIOS version. Contact your computer manufacturer for a BIOS update, install the update,
and then start Windows installation again. OEM Name:
Dell Inc.; OEM Model: XPS M1530 ; BIOS Version: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A07; BIOS Date: 20080124000000.000000+000

Ive downloaded the Dell Driver Download Manager.... but yet the message still comes up when I start to install it!

What to do?!

Thanks

0 Kudos
theflash1932
6 Indium

Update the BIOS.

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

Check the Installation Instructions on the download page for further assistance running the update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
zgunac
1 Copper

install, reinstall O/S, Re-install OS, Reinstalling the OS

0 Kudos