Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 2nd, 2012 09:00

Windows 7 Home Basic OS Needed

I'm using Dell Inspiron 15r N5110 with windows 7 Home Basic x64 but now my os is corrupted After dell logo, windows 7 loading and only blank screen is blinking now i want to change my os i have generic home basic x64 key under my laptop but no os cd are provided pls help how to download Dell Windows 7 Home basic x64 and activate it generic with my key

• 

3.3K Posts

December 2nd, 2012 10:00

Hi Samsundar,

Before reinstalling the Operating system I suggest that you check if any hardware component is causing the system not to boot. To run diagnostics restart the system and at the Dell logo tap the F12 key every two seconds. This will start the One-time boot menu. Using arrow keys select ‘Diagnostics’ and hit enter. This will run diagnostics on the hardware components of the system which may take around 5 minutes.

In case the Diagnostics passes, I suggest you to restore the system to the factory installed state. Please follow the steps give below to restore.

Restart the system and press the F8 key at the Dell logo every 2 seconds. On the ‘Advanced boot Options’ select down arrow key and select ‘Repairs computer’.

• Select the ‘keyboard method’ that is, the country you belong to and click ‘Next’.
  • Enter User name and password.
  • In the ‘System Recovery Options’ screen, click on ‘Dell Data safe Restore and Emergency Backup’
  • Select ‘Restore computer and preserve my new files or change files (recommended)’.
  • Click ‘Next’ to begin scanning your computer for changed files.
  • Next follow the onscreen instruction by clicking on ‘Next’ button.
  • When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.

The software is now installed as it was when the computer was first received. Any data stored on the system will be lost.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

December 2nd, 2012 11:00

There is no 64 bit version of Windows 7 Home Basic, only 32 bit.

Do you mean 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium?

You should run the diagnostics as suggested by Sujatha and order a Dell Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Reinstallation DVD.

Then follow my wiki and perform A Clean Install of Windows 7. Ordering the Reinstallation DVD is covered in Step 3a of the wiki.

2 Posts

December 2nd, 2012 22:00

My friends formatted hole hard disc ;(

pls help

my recovery drive is also formatted

but my lap is under warranty

How can i order a re-installation dvd ?

I'm from India - tamilnadu

• 

3.3K Posts

December 3rd, 2012 12:00

Hi Samsundar,

Dell had provided an option to create the recovery DVDs when you purchased the system. If you have created the recovery DVDs you can use them to restore your computer. In case you have not created, please contact the regional support for further assistance.

Please click on the link below for contact information:

http://bit.ly/gPHizB

No Events found!