Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

2 Intern

• 

2.2K Posts

May 12th, 2016 18:00

Windows 7 Updates Stuck.

Got the May batch of Windows Updates a day or two ago. Yesterday I tried to download and install all of the 14 updates, but the progress bar remained at zero. Earlier, I attempted to download and install the definition update just for Windows Defender, and that WAS successful. But once again, the rest of the .updates would not download and install. After a bit of online check, I found and ran the Windows Fix-It tool. The results of that were"

1)  Service registration is missing or corrupt.
2)  Windows update error 0X80070057(2016-5-12 T-05_30_45P
3)  A few lines of "problem fixed" without a description.

Go to Windows update screen to find scary red shield advising to update my computer. Under "most recent check" it says--->Never, with the same under "updates were installed--->Never. When I go to update history it shows that prior updates were downloaded and installed successfully, except for this last batch. So what I am getting now is just "checking for updates" endlessly.

Any ideas what I should  do next

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

May 13th, 2016 19:00

:emotion-2:

Run the System File Checker command tool on your computer. To do this, click Start, type Command Prompt or cmd in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow

support.microsoft.com/.../929833

No Events found!