Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 19th, 2009 05:00

Windows 7 Upgrade Still not working.

My Serbice tag is still not working with the Windows 7 upgrade. i have registered the product, brough it mid august, inspiron 1545. it just still dosnt work. i registered it 2 weeks ago. im wondering if somewone has hijacked my copy or something. i really need it. i would be much appreciated if someone could resolve this thankyou

7 Posts

September 19th, 2009 07:00

I had the same problem, I couldn't register for the 7 upgrade or contact hardware support.

Check the tag is the same on the bottom of the system, in the BIOS and on the box it was packaged in.

Then, go here:

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/emailcustomercare/emea/index.aspx?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs

Fill out the form, select "Something is incorrect" and in the last box say you can't register for Windows 7, and include the service tag - also tell them you have checked as above and it is correct.

Bear in mind there will be a backlog from the weekend so they might not get back to you until late on Monday or Tuesday.

12 Posts

September 19th, 2009 15:00

Thanyou very much. Lots of help :) hopefully this can be resolved 

October 26th, 2009 15:00

I had the same problem with registering for an upgrade, after several tries, 2 Emails, and A phone call to India.  I was told the problem was fixed wait 48 hours and try again.  I was going to return laptop for refund when I lowered my security settings on my browser and I was able to register and order the upgrade.  I don't know if dell finally got it to work right or if lower security is required.  Any way I can stop cussing at Dell and hope my hair grows back.

16 Posts

October 26th, 2009 16:00

I've been trying for 7 days to get my XPS 630 Vista system back working proper, it dosen't matter who builds the PC, and Dell does a great job. Until someone other than Microsoft comes out with a OS, we PC users will continue to be left with a system that will crash, shut down, or not start up for no reason other than it's Microsoft. I have a 10 month old system, that might as well be my old Windows 95 system, it works just as bad.

12 Posts

October 26th, 2009 18:00

coz u had a 32bit system on it?

12 Posts

Red Dragon. Try Bluedans way. it took me twice to get a reply. but once i got the reply it worked fine. oh and u need a visa DEBIT card to purchase the order(shipping & handling)

81 Posts

I installed Windows 7 - Home Premium - 64 bit yesterday and was told by Dell that I have voided my warranty.

16 Posts

October 27th, 2009 03:00

Regardless of the company that makes a PC, them knowingly install any windows OS they know there's going to be problems. Tech support is someone just like you or I reading from a list of "things to try". I have a 4 years service contract, hard ware is nothing more than a parts changer, software is a hit and miss, trail and error, ending in reformatting the system back to factory spec's.

No Events found!