Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 23rd, 2009 07:00

Windows 7

I appeared to have registered for the windows 7 upgrade, because when i try to register it says it is already registered.

But i havent received an email yet?

how long can it take to get it?

By the way i bought an dell xps 430.

50 Posts

October 23rd, 2009 07:00

I find myself asking the same question. Dell says an E-mail will be sent out 'shortly afterwards' windows 7 is released.

This sort of vagueness im afraid runs through all of dell, ive just been looking at the FAQs for the windows 7 upgrade program, and under "how much is the charge for shipping", it says "Shipping charges will vary by region"

Can i have a job of writing FAQs please?

• 

17K Posts

October 23rd, 2009 08:00

marc321,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

I have a meeting shortly and this is one of the questions I have for this meeting. Other users are experiencing the same issue. I will post back when I get the info.

3 Posts

In the same boat and curious why they didn't just say it will be XX days after the official release date.  I thought I was the only person that didn't get the email.

59 Posts

You don't have to wait for the email.  Go Here

https://win7.dell.com/Default.aspx?R...countHome.aspx

Once you get the initial screen, go to the login section.  Once you login, Win 7 will appear in your cart, and you can checkout (free for most).

Be patient though, the site is really, really slow.

14 Posts

October 23rd, 2009 09:00

and i got an email saying: you will receive an email when windows 7 can be ordered for dell systems.

3 Posts

Todd,

That did the trick....there were a few stumbles (like the password they were looking for was not my normal account password and for some reason I got an error that said the order did not go through but checked my email and it confirmed my order had been completed)....I hope it works. 

14 Posts

Ok thanks for the work.

And todd, what you said, i came to the log in , put in my email and password but it said it wasnt correct.

i tried it on the main site and logged in and it worked with the same password and email, so i dont get it:P

but ill wait for the email Jesse L told me

• 

17K Posts

marc321,

Just got out of a Win 7 meeting. The reply about customers registering and not getting an email confirmation was:

They will receive another email soon for them to login and add your shipping information. They are working on this as we speak.

87 Posts

I jope this is the same for the Uk, I have not had an email either.  I am now going to check out the site.

3 Posts

October 23rd, 2009 10:00

I received a confirmation email with order number and all.   As for the password, I had to say I forgot my passoword...answer a security question and then they emailed me a new passoword.  This password and account was only for the windows upgrade but not my dell.com account (which did not change).  This episode only points out one of my biggest complaints with Dell.  I think they have great resouces and try to be very helpful but it seems to have several stove-pipe system that do not talk to each other and when the customer has to cross over those stovepipes it becomes very frustrating.  I hope I got through the right wickets on the upgrade but I am not confident even though I have the confirmation email.  Time will tell.

59 Posts

Interesting, I wonder if they locked down that site so people can't order yet (under the get the highly anticipated email).  I'm going to go check my order status again.

14 Posts

I got through and im now at the shopping cart but it says: status not available so i cant order it?

Im dutch by the way.

8 Posts

October 23rd, 2009 11:00

Glad to see that Dell is trying to fix this.. Hopefully I will receive the infamous email stating that I can order my copy of Window 7

October 23rd, 2009 21:00

Hello:

Don't know what all the fuss is all about but windows 7 is not much different from the previews. I don't think it's worth the extra cost!

8 Posts

October 23rd, 2009 21:00

the previews were betas and release candidates, what you get now is the final code. not only that but even if you were to continue a beta or a release candidate, it would eventually expire.

what is the extra cost? shipping? if you don't think its worth the extra cost, don't order it :)

No Events found!