Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

2 Posts

April 26th, 2019 05:00

Windows 8 laptop

I bought a Windows 8 laptop, after sometime things have gone wrong. I am just an end-user, my question is... can my laptop be transformed from Windows 8 to Windows 7 through reformatting and installing the Windows 7??? Thank you.Please send your reply to email:

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

April 26th, 2019 19:00

@sintacid3ngwinata1960 wrote:

I bought a Windows 8 laptop, after sometime things have gone wrong. I am just an end-user, my question is... can my laptop be transformed from Windows 8 to Windows 7 through reformatting and installing the Windows 7??? Thank you.Please send your reply to email:

A different OS isn't going to fix a hardware failure.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

April 27th, 2019 04:00

You should power off your Dell and power it up and press [F12]. This will take you to the boot menu where you'll be able to run the diagnostics and their extended tests. If they pass you can go ahead and reinstall Windows. Only Windows 8 Pro has downgrade rights to Windows 7 Pro (and usually only Dell Business systems shipped with Windows 8 Pro have Windows 7 drivers). The Home Editions do not have downgrade rights. All Windows 7 OEM and Windows 8.x OEM Licenses are however eligible for a free upgrade to Windows 10. You will be able to download Windows 10 installation media from Microsoft and clean install Windows 10 directly.
No Events found!