Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

September 21st, 2005 09:00

Windows Help and Support Center and Dell Solution Center can't be started. I get "error 1083".

I have a problem starting Windows own Help and Support. When I go to the start menu and choose Help and Support I get an error message saying that the application can not open because a system service is not running. When I try to activate the service by choosing from a list that is displayed after I have choose “run” from the start menu and type services.msc I get the following error message:

Could not start Help and Support Service on Local Computer.

Error 1083: The executable program that this service is configured to run in does not implement this service.

I have also tried to activate the service in safe mode but then I got an 1084 error saying that this service can not be activated in safe mode.

Due to this problem I can not use Windows Help and Support and not Dell’s Solution Center, which obviously seems to depend on the Help and Support Service too.

What should I do to get the Help and Support Center started, and of course the Solution Center too?
No Responses!
No Events found!