Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 5th, 2015 09:00

Windows not able to see programs in Explorer

Greetings from the GREAT Country of TEXAS,

Am experiencing some issues when attempting to use some programs by way of their ICON and even going directly into Explorer to execute and Windows tells me it cannot find said file.  Even the User Admin setup for us to use for maintenance and installation of software cannot be found.  LImiting what can be done, updates, new copies, installing testing software.

Any ideas?  Some would be appreciated . . getting to a stand-still . .

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

July 5th, 2015 15:00

We need to know more to help--model computer and operating system for starters. Those should always be included in questions. What programs are you trying to run? When did this start? What have you tried--diagnostics, Safe Mode, System Restore, etc?

45 Posts

July 5th, 2015 17:00

Mary G,

I quote:

"We need to know more to help- . .

In one of my posts or maybe even more, that was given, OptiPlex 960 Win 7 Pro SP1/w all latest updates to 6/25/2015 when this issue became so bad trust was not there any longer.  My thoughts were from 'What the '7734' (turn these digits upside down) did I DO?' to "Where did I get a root kit or virus?" even thought a corrupted MBR.  Which was not really any part of my issue.

TO make a very long winded story "short-er" - - My issue was solved this morning @ about 1100hrs.  Using some rather unconventional procedures.  If you will forgive me for this, will NOT share what was done because it will require some rather dangerous procedures to rectify what was done.  Actually am not really sure what was done, just know that from the responses on several forums, they did not really understand what the problem really was.  Any one that wants to know and can prove to me that what their issue is along with related to mine may get some information, maybe, because; this entails some work in the registry files and could be very dangerous to one's system.  That is as detailed an explanation as I will give for now.  NOT wanting to keep a secret just do not feel there are very many out there that could do this without killing their system.

I am NOT a true trained Analyst, just have a very analytical mind, do not know where this comes from nor how it functions.  Have been on the web since about 1986 while at work.  After retirement purchased a used computer, assembled not manufactured like HP or Dell.  I presently have five (5) Dell computers one did crash and could not recover, had to reinstall, the others have never needed a reinstall, there have been crashes, but; managed to recover.  The issue with my current desktop was a little strange and felt more like something I may have done wrong, not even sure of that.

For give me for this keeping to myself, do not want to give the details to someone that may not know enough to keep themselves out of trouble.

No Events found!